Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sooo, The Husband got a job...

...which allows for more quilting time!  I spent the whole day yesterday in my space with three goals in mind.
#1  Finish POD blocks:  POD stands for Project of Doom which is a collection of paper pieced blocks for a Harry Potter themed quilt designed by a grotesquely talented woman by the name of Jennifer Ofenstein http://community.livejournal.com/hp_paperpiecing/100793.html
She generously contributes her designs for anyone who wants them (for personal use only, of course) and though I've never read a Harry Potter book or watched the movies I thought my grandson would love this and I'm certainly having a ball working on this project!  I should have taken
 after pics of the "studio" ,   here's a before shot,

...and the other side :)
the place was a disaster area when I finished :D  It's small, but it's mine and I love it!!!!


Now for a look at just some of those POD blocks I'm sooooo enjoying...








#2  Finish wallhanging from Sister's Weekend:  DONE!!  Quilted and hanging on the wall :)



#3  Make a large bib for youngest Grandson:  DONE!!  Well, the practice bib is done anyway :)  Next I'll make one for him with bunnies on it for Easter.  I found this pattern at http://thismomsews.wordpress.com/2006/05/11/babychildrens-accessories/


I have no clue what to do next!  There's always the Valentine's Day wallhanging I could quilt, but let's face it, that'll probably stay on the shelf til next year .  I have a ton of my Dad's ties that need to be made into something!  I was thinking a Dresden Fan, but now I'm leaning toward some paper-pieced pattern, which one?  I have no clue, but it'll sure be fun looking for ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment