Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 21, 2011

Sister's Weekend!!!

My sisters are my BEST friends, they have been with me through all the ups and downs.  They've seen me at my worst and best and loved me through it all!  This is the time we look forward to all year, when we can revert to being 10 year olds and not worry about the families, jobs or calories :)  The fun starts Friday evening when we all gather at our oldest sister, Kathy's home.  The first night is spent just chatting and munching and game playing.  This year we played Sew You Want To Be A Quilter and may I say I don't know as much as I thought I did :(  I did lear n
alot though  and kicked all their butts...just sayin' :D

Here's proof of our gluttony



Although we call it Sister's Weekend it isn't usually just us sisters, our friend Patty, who is like a sister to us, always comes and this time our nieces Stacy and Emily showed up Saturday evening and spent the night.  They don't quilt or sew but they passed the time by playing Yahtzee and watching Paranormal Activity 2 :)




Here are the surprises I made for everyone...
This one I made for Emily, she's a shabby chic kind of gal.
Stacy's, the prints just reminded me of her


...and this is Midge's, looks like Peeps, don't you think


I loved the mystery quilt we made, but we found a couple of mistakes in the directions which made the going a little rough :(


here's the final product, or as far as we got on them...
...aren't we a pretty bunch :D (from left to right) Arlene, Kathy (oldest), Myself, Midge, Patty and Julie.   The name of the quilt is Fly Away Home and was posted by Kris over at Quilt Bus  http://www.quiltbus.com/fly.htm.  The flying geese units in the stars are folded/dimensional and I loved doing them, I can see using this technique again, fun stuff! 

Sunday morning we were missing our families and anticipating a snow storm so we headed out early.  It didn't end up snowing until about 2pm and by this morning here in Waterford we had 10.5 inches on the ground.  It should be a perfect day for cleaning the creation chaos in the studio and start thinking about my next project...happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment